Make Ahead Turkey Bahn Mi Bowls
These school-safe snacks are a perfect touch of fun for little lunchboxes or your own afternoon nosh, with filling fibre to keep you energized.
This is the exact opposite of the #saddestlunch.
If you’re a hardworking mama with a high-powered job, like a lot of our #MamaReset squad — OR a SAHM/WAHM who struggles to sneak even 10 minutes of peace for a meal…
You need to meal prep. It just makes life SOOOOO much easier.
The other reason you need to meal prep? To avoid sad desk lunches like this.
You’ll be so excited to eat this incredible Bahn Mi Bowl that even being surrounded by paper work — or tantruming children — won’t kill your vibe.
Meal prep magic.
Get ready for a weekday taste explosion or the perfect family dinner. No complaints, guaranteed.
You could pull this together at the last minute, flinging children off your ankles like rats in a Hollywood sewer scene, or you could just:
Then put it together.
In 5 minutes.
We know. Earth shattering, right?
Download a printable Bahn Mi Bowl recipe, just like the printable recipes included in the 8-Week Nourish program!
Bahn Mi is so hot right now. The traditional Vietnamese sandwich has exploded across the world with its spicy, pickly, meaty, herbaceous goodness.
We’ve lightened up these bowls by using ground turkey instead of pork and baking instead of frying. This big batch recipe makes plenty for a fun dinner and leftovers for lunch, or several ready-to-go lunches for you and your brood. Feel free to substitute soba, brown rice or other noodles to your taste! And don’t be intimidated by the multiple components; this is super simple prep and the taste explosion when the ingredients are combined is SO worth it.
Try big batch recipe makes plenty for dinner and ready to go lunches for the family.
Make-Ahead Turkey Bahn Mi Bowls
For the Quick Pickled Veggies
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- big pinch of salt
- 2-3 large carrots, peeled down to the core
- 5-6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg (500 g) medium rice stick noodles
For the Sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup honey or sugar
For the Spiced Turkey Patties
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- small bunch of scallions, minced
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha (optional, but a little goes a long way, flavour-wise)
- 1 tsp salt
- Lots of fresh black pepper
- olive oil for baking
- 1 small English cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, basil or mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and drizzle or brush with olive oil.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium, heat vinegar, sugar + salt until dissolved. Cool to room temperature (will be almost syrupy), then add carrots and radishes and shake together in covered container; store in refrigerator for a half hour or for the week!
- Boil a kettle of water. Pour over noodles, cover with tin foil or a clean cloth and let sit until softened. Drain and rinse under cold water to avoid sticking.
Start Getting Strong
Ready to feel better about your body?
Join us on the Body Image Reset Challenge!
5 days, 5 prompts and freebies to build a foundation of self-love and rekindle your friendship with your #mombod.