No Bake Nut-Free Chocolate Coconut Energy Bites
The perfect hit of energy and delicious-ness in every little bite!
This is it. The perfect sweet treat for when you want something that tastes absolutely delicious but absolutely good for you at the same time.
We love sharing these Energy Bites when we hang out and meet mamas at shows, like the Bump to Baby Show in Toronto this spring!
These energy bites are nut free so you can serve and eat them worry-free and even send them to school or daycare.
They make a fantastic snack on the go and healthy bedtime treat. We make them small for small faces, and so we can enjoy a few without going overboard. You can also make fewer large bites for those times you just want to stuff your face. You know what we mean.
If you prefer a nut-full version, substitute almond butter for the tahini.
No-Bake Chocolate Energy Bites
Yields 20 balls.
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened fine coconut + 1/4 cup reserved for coating
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Combine dates and water in bowl of food processor and process until very smooth.
- Add all other ingredients except cacao nibs & pulse until well combined.
- Add cacao nibs & pulse just until combined, without pureeing.
- Using bare hands and a bit of water if needed to prevent sticking, form balls.
- Roll bites in reserved coconut to coat; place on baking sheet.
- Freeze 30 minutes and serve, or pack for freezing/refrigerating and later indulging. They are great room-temperature but really awesome chilled. Yum!
Note: Finely shredded coconut makes for prettier bites. If you can’t find it finely shredded, simply blitz your coconut in the food processor in advance, and set aside for rolling.
Start Getting Strong